Wednesday 2 April 2014

One of those 100 day challenges

This week, I embark on a new journey. As I leave my job at Platform 51 (YWCA England and Wales, now Young Women’s Trust), I will be focusing on building and growing Bristol Woman - a community interest company. We have been in operation since November 2013, but I have not had time to focus on the company because of my job.

I’ve set up the company because I strongly believe that individual women can make a difference and inspire – in Bristol, but also all over the world. Three amazing women have joined me on this journey. Together we can change Bristol by providing creative avenues for women to share their stories, running workshops and mentoring schemes which allow women to process, adapt and embody confidence, and supporting women as they unlock their individual leadership potential.


I don’t believe in easy. And I know that it will not be an easy journey as we have many stereotypes to break and glass ceilings to smash. To start this journey, I’ve decided to set a challenge for myself. A challenge to raise £100,000 in 100 days so that we can have a solid foundation for building a strong organization. I want to do this by setting up traded services and coordinating some fundraising events.

As I do this, there are some ground rules I’m setting:
  • There is no such thing as a silly idea
  • If at first you don’t succeed, try again
  • Trust that others will do a great job
  • Be decisive, but also inclusive of other people’s ideas
  • Failure is an option (and a great opportunity for learning, growing and excelling!)

Let the 100 days begin!


#100Kin100days

No comments:

Post a Comment